Friday, July 28, 2006

Snacks 'n' soap 'n' stamps 'n' Sarah

















Jody ( http://vegchic.blogspot.com/ ) sent me vegan chocolate chip cookies (Dreena's dreamy recipe, Jody tells me!) and a lovely bar of her handmade soap a few days ago! Just because!

Am i lucky or what? Thank you, generous and sweet Jody! The cookies are all a 'goner now (i ate some right when i got the package, and after seeing The Gipsy Kings with Peter last night, he and i ate the rest together), and the soap i am going to use tonight when i get home from work!

Leslie ( http://eatpeaceplease.blogspot.com/ ) has a much better version/vision of the goodies Jody sent, similar to what Jody sent me. I haven't quite mastered the photography thing with my digital camera. You can see the trees in the background from my balcony though, plain as day! Yeah, i know... i won't give up my real job anytime soon!

***************************************************

How's this for the future of U.S. postage? ----->

Personally, i would rather see some of the fantastic foods i see on other people's blogs and/or more words about eating and living vegan (like a saved animal) used along with the word "Vegan" on a stamp, but it's still very nice...

From Vegan 911:
http://www.cafepress.com/veganpolice.40846082

***********************************************************

Here's an indispensible interview with the inimitable and stellar Sarah Kramer of www.govegan.net that you "should" read! She's one vegtastic, vociferous vegan vixen...
http://www.vegcooking.com/chefSpotlight.asp

***********************************************************

Hope you have a wondrous weekend!

14 comments:

Freedom said...

That's so cool that you got homemade cookies in the mail! Postage over there must be better than here in Aus, cos they would be incredibly stale by the time they reached their destination here! Keep working on the photography, you'll get it soon - I'm improving slowly and it's so exciting when I take a really good photo!

karen said...

Cookies and soap in the mail!!! You are a lucky, lucky girl!!! Is there anything better than opening a care package??? Have a wonderful weekend Kleo! ((HUGS))

Dori said...

Hey I'll take a book of those stamps! :) You have a wonderful weekend to.

Marathon Someday said...

That's so lovely about the cookies in the mail. That's the best sort of mail a girl could get, don't you think?

Hope you enjoyed every last one of them!

And for sure I'll get your good vibes from San Diego when I'm in San Fran next week. I'll be taking lots of food/restaurant pictures, and will post them - so you can tell me whether I hit all the right spots!

Anonymous said...

Yummmm...the cookies sound great and I do love handmade soaps! You have a great weekend too.


Huggs, G

PS And one for Mattie too.

Anonymous said...

Sweet! Cookies and homemade soap! What a lovely way to start the weekend!

Eat Peace Please said...

Just because... I know, I love that too. What a great package to get in the mail!

Anonymous said...

Anytime I get anything other than a bill or junk in the mail, I'm pretty excited. When it's a package with homemade cookies and soap - I'd be doing backflips (ok, this is not really true as I'm not limber enough to even touch my toes). Have a wonderful weekend. Hope you get to spend lots of quality time with Mattie and Peter.

Kuntal Joisher said...

have a gr8 weekend kleo!!! and those goodies look wonderful..

Anonymous said...

What a lovely gift you received. Love the stamp too, here's to a world of vegans, with best wishes, The Artist

Anonymous said...

great gift! i love any unexpected packages in the mail. I try to send them to my friends once in blue mood just to brighten their day!

MeloMeals said...

How cool.. soap and cookies..

funwithyourfood said...

Aw more jody presents!!

Teddy

Sarah Kramer said...

"Vegtastic, vociferous vegan vixen"

hahahahhahahhhahahahha!
I love you.