Saturday, July 29, 2006

On pins (not needles)














Some cool pins, 'eh? Saw 'em on eBay...
Which one's your fave? I love the
Chicks Dig Vegans and chuckle at the
I (Heart) Hunting Accidents. Ouch. Heh.

******************************************

My pal Peter played a concert at his workplace (a senior living residence) last night with three of his co-workers. I snuck away from work for a little bit. It was awesome to see the seniors there kvelling!! (That's Yiddish for lovin' every minute of it!) As shown here, he was on the grand piano, but in the background is the Triton keyboard he lugged from home. He played the heck out of both. The band performed everything from Bob Dylan to The Dixie Chicks to Simon & Garfunkel.

************************************************************

Oh, the circle of vegan celebrity life:

On the day this is reported:
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/29/mccartney.divorce.reut/

So is this:
http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2006/07/29/anderson-rock-marriage.html?ref=rss

15 comments:

urban vegan said...

I love the Got Soy? button best of all.

You should post a clip of Peter Playing Piano for us...

Anonymous said...

I like the "Milk your Mom" best of all. And the Wendy's one. eeew!

Eat Peace Please said...

I like the "Milk your Mom". That sends out various messages. And it's smart ass.

Jackie said...

Out of the ones you have shown I think I would pick "Fur is Murder".

I have a few buttons and my favorite to wear is McMurder. It is different fom the one pictured as it is green with bold black lettering so matches my clothing at various veggie and animal rights events.

Catherine Weber said...

got soy? is my favorite, too!

Anonymous said...

I like the Eat Beans, Not Beings...good one.

Thanks for the news links too. I think its sad that the media has to find a 'bad guy' in any divorce it seems or at least as many 'juicy' morsels as possible. I don't believe that Heather Mills married Sir Paul for his money, I think they had a lot in common and I was really sorry to hear its splitsville for them, so soon too.

Geraldine

Jody from VegChic said...

I really dig the Milk Your Mom and and the Eat Beans not Beings.

I also like the I'm not a nugget one. I've been thinking about getting that tshirt.

Peter playing the piano there was pretty cool!

Carrie™ said...

I like the Milk Your Mom and I'm Not A Burger.
Is Kid Rock veg? Somehow, I don't think so. Let's see if Pam can help him to turn over a new leaf.
Peter is also a musician?! Wow! So multi-talented. And what a nice thing to do for the residents. Way to go Peter!

Peter Matthes said...

I LOVE THE I HEART HUNTING ACCIDENTS BUTTON!

I NEED ONE BADLY!

Anonymous said...

Those buttons are too cool!!! I like all of them!!

I love listening to the piano. I used to date a guy in high school who played the piano. It was very soothing as long as he didn't get on my nerves!! :)

Anonymous said...

I like the Eat Beans, Not Beings pin...we love beans!

Marathon Someday said...

I love the "chicks dig vegans" one the best too!

And your friend looks very intense playing the piano - that's awesome that the music was such a hit!

And I'm still confused about the whole Pammy and Kid Rock thing. Has she married someone that isn't even vegetarian? And what does that mean for PETA? Questions, questions.

Anonymous said...

Hi, nice to meet you- thanks for coming by my site- I'm not vegan, but since I'm keeping kosher now and the whole meat/milk thing is such a pain in the butt I don't eat meat except for once a week or so- but I still eat eggs, some milk products and fish-

anyway, I like you buttons

Take care- Amishav

Anonymous said...

I like the I heart hunting accidents best. Peter just keeps getting better and better. How nice of him to put on a mini concert for the residents. :)

Kuntal Joisher said...

Murder King!!! ROTFL...

They should even make one called "CrapDonalds"

and obviously "Chicks dig Vegans" ;-)