Monday, July 17, 2006

I One Girl = Religion

(I do so love anagrams!)

Short quiz:
Who says: "Love is my religion." ?

Why, Ziggy Marley, of course. Wait'll you see what else he has to say....

OK, so Dave, one of my friends from childhood (actually my first "crush," from third grade! -- HI DAVID!) in Illinois, a super cool guy who lives in the Chicago suburbs, named his daughter Marley after Ziggy's dad. Dave's taken his daughter (now 11) to zillions of Ziggy's shows, and perhaps I'm just now beginning to understand why...
<---- That's Marley & me (yes, i want to read the book!) last year above awesome tide pools in Point Loma. She and Dave came out for a visit to celebrate Dave's parents' 50th wedding anniversary, which they flew out from Chicago to celebrate in San Diego. I gave Dave and Marley a super fast and frenzied tour of San Diego; all that i could fit in, in about a half a day. It was crazy but very fun!

I honestly am embarrassingly ignorant and absolutely clueless about his music (less so his father, Bob's), but after reading the following link, i think i can pretty much support and i already now have officially begun to embrace this guy!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060716/en_afp/afpentertainmentmusicreggaefrance_060716025231

*****************************************************

And a good read about the caring diet of some practicing SdAs:

http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/573916/diet_message_registering_with_adventistsa_healthy_way_of_life/index.html?source=r_health

15 comments:

Jackie said...

Thanks for the visit. I see we have two things in common, being veggie and Pisces :)

You have a wonderful blog.

Anonymous said...

I've always loved Bob Marley's. I love Ziggy's music as well. I agree with much he has to say and try to incorporate that into my daily life.

Anonymous said...

Next time I'm out in San Diego, I would love to stop by and meet you. You're such a great person with a kind and warm heart.

I really enjoy both of the Marley's music. I didn't know about Ziggy - what was quoted in the article - he's on his way to becoming vegan. YAY!!!!!

Marathon Someday said...

Marley is such a great name!!

Wow - and your third grade crush. I don't think I had a first big crush until the 7th grade...so I was clearly behind the times!

karen said...

Hey Kleo- :) I saw Ziggy Marley and the Melody Makers years ago at a festival when I was in college with the Black Crowes. We had a great time and I love his music and his dad's. I never knew rastifarian was a combo of Jewish and Christian faiths with a little ganga... :)

I have been learning more about the Seventh Day Adventists. I think it is wonderful that they encourage vegan eating habits for health. And that they help people with their addictions. I never knew there was an Adventist television network where they can get good vegan recipes on cooking shows. Thanks for the links.

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

marley, what a great name. also a cute photo. ziggy is awesome live! i saw him w/the b52's @ sdsu! :o)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful photo, a real feeling of harmony, best wishes, The Artist

Anonymous said...

Gods I miss the ocean. Great pic. Ocean and mountains, the only two things I miss about California.

Tanya Kristine said...

i know nothing about Bob Marley. or Ziggy.

but i did love Marley & Me. i cried my eyeballs out so much that kevin suggested i put the book down for awhile...so good.

Dori said...

Interesting link to the advenist article. Via our skyangel satellite I do get to see a few of those great cooking shows. I also love the practical teaching about family relationships and financial issues.

Shananigans said...

“Listen to Bob Marley” is some of the best advice I’ve seen on a bumper sticker. I dig the reggae. I saw Toots and the Maytals a couple months ago at the Hollywood HoB, it was a great show.

MeloMeals said...

I love me some Marley boys.... I get such a happy feeling with ziggy's latest song..

Anonymous said...

girl, Bob Marley is the man!!! I don't much about Ziggy but I love his daughter in law's music... LAURYN HILL!!! :)

karen said...

hey kleo- you put up that great pic of you and marley after I commented. So sweet! If I ever come to Cali, I'm coming to visit you for the tour!

urban vegan said...

cute photo!