Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Scott Jurek defends his title!

Doin' the vegan world proud at the Badwater Ultramarathon:
http://www.badwater.com/2006web/2006splits.html

Scott's short 'n' sweet bio:
http://www.scottjurek.com/bio.php

Tons o'pix post-race:
http://www.badwater.com/2006web/shows/2006showCK09/index.html

"I am a one way motorway
I'm the one that drives away
then follows you back home

I am a street light shining
I'm a wild light blinding bright
burning off alone

It's times like these you learn to live again
It's times like these you give and give again
It's times like these you learn to love again
It's times like these time and time again

I am a new day rising
I'm a brand new sky
to hang the stars upon tonight

I am a little divided
do I stay or run away
and leave it all behind?

It's times like these you learn to live again
It's times like these you give and give again
It's times like these you learn to love again
It's times like these time and time again..."

-Foo Fighters

8 comments:

Dori said...

Real athlete Kleo is inspired again. You need to change that "wanna be" stuff in your profile description. Deep thoughts today with the poem. I love Mattie's picture below, too cute!

Harmonia said...

Neat.

Thanks for the great comments on my blogs. I found out that I need to buy new jars for my sprouters. The ones I have are a tad big.

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

completely powered on vegan fuel! LOVE it! & i'm a big fan of david grohl and all his music. enjoyed your post, kleo! say hi to mattie for me.

Anonymous said...

Foo Fighters rock! Reading those lyrics made me pop their CD in. Vegan fuel is the best! Scott is an example I can't wait to share with some of my non-vegan friends! Thans for the info.

Anonymous said...

That is so cool. So good to see people on a meatless diet who are so darned fit and in such good health. Of course, see plenty of that here in blog-land, too. I've never known so many active people.

I've never heard of Foo Fighters. I'll look them up on iTunes.

Crystal said...

The Foo Fighters are so funny - I love that they can be goofy without being rude.

-Crystal

Tanya Kristine said...

i need to listen to the foo fighters. everyone loves them.

running? no. marathon? heeell no. but kudos to those that can...

urban vegan said...

inspiring.