Saturday, July 15, 2006

Cartoons and car tunes




A child of the 1970s, i used to watch Saturday morning cartoons - Scooby-Doo, the Jetsons, all the Krofft shows http://thehub.capcollege.bc.ca/~sstubbs/krofftsite/index.html ... A few weeks ago i got a promo copy of the best of Saturday Night Live's "TV FunHouse." I don't get stations on my television, and rarely watch DVDs, but this is one i'm sure i'll enjoy. Back in the day, i used to watch SNL and know about the cartoons by Robert Smigel. He's brilliant!

*********************************************

Check this out!!! It would seem they know their vegetarian stuff in China!
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/citylife/2006-07/14/content_641095.htm

**********************************************

Most of you know i try to stay active, and i'm always interested in "real" athletes and their diets. This is a brilliant place to find out about some special veg*n athletes, including a couple of my faves (Brendan Brazier and Scott Jurek)!

http://www.vegforlife.org/athletes.htm

***************************************************************

Vicki of http://vegetarianfamily.blogspot.com/ and her husband, quite the knowledgeable musician (to put it mildly), gave me a couple of CDs when they were here, including this one:

http://www.40watthype.com/

Thanks, Art and Vicki! I'm gonna give it a listen this weekend. Can't wait!

15 comments:

Freedom said...

Awesome cartoons - I love coming over to your blog for a laugh! As a 17 year old I haven't seen many of the cartoons you're talking about but I am a HUGE fan of animation. Simpsons, South Park and Family Guy are faves, but I adore animated kids movies (ICE AGE!!!!)

Carrie™ said...

As a child of the '70's as well, I know those shows and have seen more than my fair share.
Too bad your TV isn't so hot, VH1 is running a series right now "I love the 70's, Volume 2" It's a hoot! Oh the memories - and things I've forgotten. Must be the advancing age. HA!
I'm just on my way to bed (have to work tomorrow) and can't check your links right now, but I'll be back tomorrow.
Take it Easy (another '70's classic) I've used that twice now haven't I? Hey, I like the Eagles.

Anonymous said...

LOL oh wow I'm really loving #2! ;-)

Anonymous said...

The cartoons are hysterical! What a great link to the China Daily. I'm going to have to share that with a few friends.

Anonymous said...

How cool you got a promo copy of TV Funhouse. Robert Smigel is hilarious! I always enjoyed the skits he did on Late Night with Conan O'Brien too.

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

40 watt plays in SD quite a bit & maybe you could catch a show ~ they're a 7 piece band from fresno...

http://www.40watthype.com/

great cartoons ~ thanks for the laugh, kleo! :o)

Eat Peace Please said...

This group sounds awesome. I just listened to most of the tracks. I really like how the hiphop is mixed with the jazz and some funk.

Anonymous said...

Great cartoons, thanks for the hahahahas to start my day. Also all the links, look forward to checking them out too. Always something new and interesting on your blog!!!

Cheers, G

Jen said...

Thanks for the athlete links! They're so inspiring...

MeloMeals said...

I'm going to check his group out..

Yay for ChinaDaily!

My stupid husband (I have no sympathy for him) went to eat all you can eat ribs the other night. He was up all night so hot he couldn't stand it and his stomach hurt too much the next morning for him to goto yoga. I hate that he does that.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your link to Chinese Eating. The Traditional Chinese Diet has a low incidence of many diseases prevalent in the West. We have a lot to learn from them, best wishes, The Artist

urban vegan said...

love the 'toonz, as always (I grew up watching 'toonz in the 70s, too).

You're right about China. When I was there about 3 years ago, it was so easy to be veg*n.

funwithyourfood said...

look at all the cartoons
I grew up on cartoons as well so I <3 them. I do get to watch them on DVD though :)

teddy

Jody from VegChic said...

Thanks for the links and the cartoons. They are great.

I'll also check out the cds. Leslie, review makes it sound pretty cool!

Anonymous said...

I always love your cartoon posts. They are so fun to read. You find some of the best cartoons.