Thursday, July 13, 2006

Beach Baby, Beach Baby, give me your hand...

"It was a dark and stormy night..." (Yes, i'm in touch with my inner Snoopy)

It was getting dark (not at all stormy) by the time we reached the beach Tuesday evening, but Art snapped a photo with the ocean (Pacific Beach) behind us. I loved hearing them talk about when they lived in PB! It turns out we were almost neighbors when they lived here; such a small world. A truly magical team, those two (& their whole family). Again, Vicki is super cool - even more beautiful in person than you can imagine or feel/see "online." Believe it!

I am insanely busy out in the field these days... (emphasis on insane!) Hope everyone's having a peaceful, safe and healthy week.

A couple of sites for animal louvres...

In Defense of Animals of San Rafael, Calif., is quite an organization.
Here's an interesting read via IDA about feeding the dog when yer on the run (also contains good info for "cat peeps" as well!):
http://www.idausa.org/askjan/askjan_060712.html

And one more animal place i love is... well... it's called Animal Place. It's also in California (Vacaville). In the immortal words of Joe Walsh, "ain't never been there, they tell me it's nice..." Someday, i'll go! Till then, i enjoy their virtual tour/gallery. Let me know what you think, please!
http://www.animalplace.org/virtualtour.html

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work, best wishes,The Artist

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great link to the Animal Place. The virtual tour was so nice and their rescue page made me so sad seeing how the animals were treated before arriving there. At least now they can have a nice life, free of cruelty :)

urban vegan said...

It is truly a small world. Wouldn't it be fun to have a vegan/vegetarian bloggers convention/get-together?

Harmonia said...

Those are great animal lover sites! You met Vicki? You're lucky!!! I bet you two had a grand time!

Tanya Kristine said...

yes. i volunteer at the animal place. it's MUCH smaller than the Farm sanctuary but it's also 1.5 hours closer...

pinknest said...

ah beach. i'll be going soon!! hope you get some rest amidst your hecticness.

Carrie™ said...

I loved the photo gallery at the Animal Place. The pigs are awesome. Such HAMS! (sorry, couldn't resist). They are all adorable but I especially like the goats. They are so cute and have such personality.
Try not to get too insane with busy. I did and then crashed and burned, so in the immortal words of Glenn Frey - Take It Easy.
I also had to tell you that your Crayola story on TK's blog made me HOWL!!

Marathon Someday said...

Sigh...the ocean. It's beautiful. You're really lucky to live near it - don't take it for granted, Kleo! Whenever I'm on holiday, I normally cling to the ocean for dear life!;-)

karen said...

You are such a great person to let everyone know about these places that help animals. I grew up in Atlantic Beach, Long Island. I miss the beach soooo much!

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

hey, look @ us having a wonderful time! it was awesome meeting you & your sweetie-pie dog, mattie. sipz was an incredible meal & it was so fun to be able to choose absolutely anything off the menu & be safe...& also have a terrific conversation with you. Thanks KLEO!! you rock. :o)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your generous comment. Have decided to add your link to my site. Am a committed vegan and can connect with all the wonderful vegan sites on your links. Wish all the world were vegans, guess we can only start with ourselves, best wishes, The Artist