Friday, July 21, 2006

How about a nice Hawaiian brunch?

Anyone remember that commercial for Hawaiian Punch "fruit" punch from years gone by, like maybe from around sometime in the 1970s??

Found via:
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/7/prweb413924.htm

It looks like it could be interesting:
http://www.themauivegetarian.com/

And *sigh* someday i hope to get to Maui...
Have any of you been there??

Peter went a couple of years back
and took this waterfall photo:




















Sweeeeeeeeeeet!

**************************************************

Thank you sincerely, from the heart, for all the comments on that last post. I am not a great athlete, tho i do try to do the work - and it's not easy - but i have had help! Among his myrid talents, my pal Peter is a personal trainer, and he has been very diligent and patient in showing, teaching and guiding me on what to do to get in shape - and how to stay that way...

****************************************************

CALLING ALL RABID RABBIT FANS, PLEASE HELP:
I'm looking for advice from any rabbit-knowledgeable peeps...
I'm adopting a neglected bunny this weekend from a friend's
daughter and I've never had a rabbit before, other than for a
couple of days, watching a friend's bunny, many years ago. Any
suggestions would be very much appreciated. And i sure hope
Mattie will get along with "Puff," whom she's met twice before.

**********************************************************
All i wanna know is, does this http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13921880/
mean Kid Rock's gonna go veg? Because i kinda like his music already...

Pammy's diary entry of 19 July interests me a lot more though...
http://pamelaanderson.com/diary.aspx?menuNo=3

And also from the wacky world of Hollywood (well, sorta),
here's a vegan version of "Pirates of the Caribbean"...
http://www.veganpirates.co.uk/

**********************************************************

Hope everyone, every one, has a safe and fun weekend!

ALOHA!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Popping over to apologise for losing your wonderful comment on `Creating the Dream'. Not sure quite what happened but I'm really sorry, and it won't happen again. Always enjoy your visits, with best wishes, The Artist

Anonymous said...

The waterfall photo is beautiful. Good luck with your bunny. I'm glad to hear it will have a caring pet parent like you :)

Jackie said...

The Vegan Pirates forum looks like it will be fun when it gets going.

Love the waterfall.

Dr. Melissa West said...

I wanna go to Hawaii some day too.

Love the link to Pammy's blog. It's actually quite interesting.

Marathon Someday said...

I was wondering the same thing about whether Kid Rock would go veg. Is it wrong for me to think that Pamela Anderson (being PETA's key spokeswoman), should marry someone who is a vegetarian? How could she live in the same house with someone who eats meat?

Even if she's planning to convert him, I'd think she should do it first...

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photo...(great minds think alike eh!!!) and of course, I do remember Hawaiian Punch although I don't think I ever actually tasted the stuff. We were big-time Kool-aid fans, YIKES, I shudder to think how much sugar I was taking in, during a typical summer as a kid. Sure had lots of 'get up and go' though LOL....

Huggs, G

MeloMeals said...

That photo is amazing...

I'm so glad that Pam Anderson has been and still is a voice for animals. The Greyhound industry is just horrific.

I hope Kid Rock goes vegan! It's funny, I found an old workout CD that I burned years ago with a bunch of his songs on it and I was listening to it yesterday, dancing around my kitchen.. even my dog was laughing at me I think.

Anonymous said...

That waterfall photo is gorgeous. My husband has been to Hawaii, but I have not. I generally go the opposite direction of the crowds. ;)

The Vegan pirates site is funny. :)

The Hawaiin cookbook sounds intriguing, and I love that site that shows the prep for the food. Wow. I wish I could see more of that sort of thing when I'm preparing some of these recipes I make. I'm never sure I'm doing it right. And to know what it all should look like from purchase to finished product... :)

Good luck with the rabbit! I used to know someone who had a few. All I remember them talking about was the mess. We have wild rabbits all over our neighborhood. The dogs go a little bit nuts when they see them.

Cherie Anderson said...

That's a great photo of you below! :)

That Maui pic is amazing. I can't believe it's real...

Freedom said...

I have never had a rabbit but I've looked after my cousin's, and I have also had guinea pigs (max. was 7 at once) since I was 8 (that's nine years). What specifically would you like to know about caring for bunnies?

That photo is gorgeous, by the way.

Anonymous said...

Mmm...Maui. It's probably the second most beautiful island, behind Kauai. Also, just to let you know, Hawaiian Punch still does exist, although it's kind of hard to find here in Hawaii. Strange, no?

tabitha jane said...

gorgeous photo!